Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Nutrition Plan for Phase 1 and Explanation of CBL

Hey Cubs!
So it's the second day in my 13 week Journey.  As far as the workouts, they feel great!  As far as my nutrition, it's a little shaky.  There is literally nothing in my pantry or in my refrigerator.  So, it will take some major adjusting and grocery shopping.  So I thought I might as well make an article on the nutrition plan as well!

The nutrition plan, so far, goes as follows:
Pre Workout:  Small fruit, Creatine Monohydrate, Lemon Water
Post Workout:  Protein Shake
Breakfast:  High Carbohydrate-Low Protein meal, Multivitamin, Fish Oil
Snack:  Trail Mix
Lunch:  High Protein-Low Carb meal
Snack:  Tuna w/ Crackers
Dinner:  High Protein-Low Carb meal
Bedtime: Casein Drink

So when I stock up my refrigerator, I'll go more into depth on what I SHOULD be eating.
Recently, my friend suggested I take a look at a "diet" called CBL, Carbohydrate Back Loading.  I may  be considering switching my nutrition plan to fit this criteria and I will explain why.

Throughout the night, your body is being starved of nutrients for 8-9 hours.  The body has nothing left to do but burn what's left in your stomach, and whatever it can get.  So, your metabolism is sped up and  a fat burning process has begun.  Now this fat burning process can continue for a few more hours after you wake up, but we cut it short by loading up on insulin-boosting carbohydrates.

Based off of this logic, if you are looking to lose weight, try having a straight protein diet for the entire day.  The only time you can have carbohydrates will be at night, when your body is physically exhausted.

I'm still studying this process, but it looks very promising.  And it's logical, it makes sense!  If executed correctly, you're not starving yourself, simply putting off your carbohydrates till nighttime.  You still eat, you're just eating protein!

For more info, I've posted a link that talks about it a little bit more in depth.  This is a mother who has switched to CBL and has never looked back. Click Here: http://www.dangerouslyhardcore.com/2031/18-months-of-carb-back-loading-with-julia-ladewski/

I'd like to thank everyone who is getting the word out about my articles.  It means alot and it's working, keep it up friends!!

BE SURE TO SHARE!!!!

Braydon Barrett

No comments:

Post a Comment