Friday, October 5, 2012

My Grocery Shopping List

Today is going to be a great day.  I am going out and restocking my Refrigerator with the proper nutrients to fuel my body!  This is my shopping list for the foods that I'm going to buy.

Phase 1 Grocery Shopping List:
Proteins:
  • Eggs
    • Egg White Cartons
  • Whole Milk
  • Fat Free Milk
  • Nuts
    • Pecans
    • Almonds
  • Chicken Breast
  • Beef
  • Tuna
  • Peanut Butter
  • Greek Yogurt
Sugars:
  • Oranges
  • Lemons
  • Blueberries
  • Bananas
  • Honey
Vegetables:
  • Carrots
  • Green Beans
  • Broccoli
  • Sweet Potatoes
  • Peas
  • Lettuce (other salad items)
Carbohydrates:
  • Whole wheat bread
  • Oatmeal
  • Whole Wheat pastas
  • Quinoa
Fats:
  • Avocado
  • Butter
  • Coconut Oil
And of course I will buy little snacks like Trail Mix Bars and other goodies.  Low carb, high protein goodies that is.
Everything that is bolded means that it's a necessity.  This is the most important item out of that category. 

Chicken breast, beef and tuna are very high in protein, while being low in fat and carbohydrates.  Greek yogurt is just like regular yogurt, but with a whopping 20 grams of protein per serving.
 
I bolded lemons because I am trying something new, Lemon Water.  It's the first thing you drink in the morning as soon as you wake up.  I'll explain it more in depth, but basically it deep cleans your liver and brings your body into an Acidic state, rather than an Alkaline state.
 
All of the vegetables on that list are equally important.  They all have different Amino Acids and vitamins that cannot be found in just one vegetable.  Variety in vegetables is very important.
 
Quinoa (keen-wah) Is a grain seed.  It's tricky to cook but it's very high in complex carbohydrates.  It is packed full with rich nutrients including all the Omega Fatty Acids.  This is much healthier for you than a packet of rolled oats.
 
While healthy fats are important, I didn't bother highlighting any of them.  But avacado's are indeed, a power food.  I always request a heeping amount of avacado on my sandwiches at Subway.
 
So this is a very rough sketch of what you should keep in your house.  You can alter and modify this grocery list as much as you like.  But this is a good place to start.  Thank you for reading!  Videos will be coming soon!
 
 
Braydon Barrett
 
Coming Next:  SUPPLEMENTS!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment